The firm defends civil cases in appellate, environmental, employment, insurance coverage, police and governmental liability, professional liability (including the defense of doctors, lawyers, and accountants), rental car litigation, workers' compensation, and other areas.
Appellate - in the appellate courts, both state and federal, in the three jurisdictions, as well as the Supreme Court of the United States.
Environmental - defense of environmental and toxic tort claims for bodily injury and property damage involving asbestos, petrochemicals, and other regulated substances.
Employment Law - representing employers in discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment and other matters involving the employment relationship
- Jordan Coyne & Savits, L.L.P. has litigation experience in a wide variety of environmental/toxic tort claims, and related insurance coverage litigation.
- The firm has served as liability defense counsel in claims involving exposure to asbestos, benzene, chlordane and other toxic substances.
- The firm was selected to provide regional representation to entities such as The Manville Personal Injury Trust, and Orkin. The firm has also served a number of insurers directly in insurance coverage litigation throughout the mid-Atlantic and Southeast region on CERCLA and other environmental liability claims.
- Representative clients in environmental litigation matters have included Aetna, American International Group, Fireman's Fund, Royal and Zurich North America.
Insurance Coverage - representation of insurance carriers in coverage disputes with insureds, including environmental contamination claims.
Police & Governmental Liability - defense of claims against police departments, individual police officers, governmental agencies and officials, cities and other jurisdictions.
- The firm has provided numerous written coverage opinions in areas such as professional liability insurance and commercial general liability insurance.
- The firm has represented insurers in declaratory judgment actions against insureds and other insurers.
- The firm has served as regional coverage counsel for environmental claims for Fortune 500 companies.
Professional Liability Defense - attorneys, physicians, podiatrists, dentists, nurses, medical laboratories, hospitals, other health care providers, architects, engineers, accountants, real estate brokers/agents, insurance agents, travel agents.
Rental Car Litigation - defense of first party and third party personal injury claims in both local and multi-jurisdictional contexts.
- Jordan Coyne & Savits L.L.P. has defended professional liability cases in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- The firm has handled litigation involving virtually every kind of professional. Specifically, the firm has represented clients in professional liability litigation involving lawyers, accountants, engineers, architects, real estate appraisers, doctors, and even travel agents. During the course of representing clients in this area of the law, the firm has developed experience with RICO, securities litigation, the duties of accountants and lawyers to third parties, professional codes of conduct and scores of substantive issues underlying the exercise of professional responsibilities and judgment.
- The firm is on the approved panel of defense counsel for many of the professional liability insurers who are active in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan region. Many such insurers will honor an insured's preference among panel counsel.
Workers' Compensation - defense of claims before all administrative agencies and courts in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Over the years, the firm has devoted considerable resources to serving employers and their insurers in defending claims for workers' compensation benefits.
- With the extensive experience -- developed over time - we have been able to hone the skill level of the attorneys handling the cases as well as participate in numerous precedent setting cases, particularly in the District of Columbia.